Finance and Operations Director - Real Estate
High visibility position
International working environment
About Our Client
Our Client is reputable international company operating in Real Estate within the region. They have established in Vietnam for a long term with strong footprint spread national wide. They are looking for the Director take on day-to-day responsibility for establishing and administrating the company's short, medium and long-term financial & HR strategy.
Accounting and Reporting
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization. This includes but is not limited to financial forecasts, budgets, consolidation, cash flow and both local and group reporting.
- Work closely with BOD to ensure monthly, quarterly and annual finance reports (including budgets and forecasts) are accurate, on time and with supporting analysis.
- Participate in quarterly board meetings by presenting Vietnam's key financial reports with supporting analysis, highlighting problem areas and areas of growth/opportunity to the executive management team.
- Work closely with BOD and business line heads to understand the drivers of performance, prepare accurate budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Drive the finance-business partnership initiative, using business insights software to provide analysis and recommendations to the BOD and business line heads.
- Lead calls with Vietnam MD, APAC CFO/COO and APAC Group Finance to discuss Vietnam performance, budgets and quarterly reforecasts.
- Lead, direct and manage the finance and accounting teams in Vietnam, with a focus on improving the effectiveness and streamlining the finance function.
- Lead the implementation of Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, the new global ERP, for Vietnam, using this and other technologies to enhance finance efficiencies.
- Drive efficiency in financial accounting and reporting by streamlining processes and controls and introducing regional shared services.
- Inform BOD on latest innovation, data analytics and management reporting tools.
- Perform risk management across Vietnam by analyzing the organization's liabilities and investments and ensuring internal and external audit recommendations are implemented.
- Manage investment strategies considering cash and liquidity risks, including reviewing proposals on JVs and JV changes and dividend receipts.
- Control and evaluate the organization's funding plans and capital structure, including formal review of any expansion plans or mergers and acquisitions of companies.
- Work with APAC Treasury function to ensure cash is managed to support Vietnam operations, investment strategy of the business and dividend payments to the Group.
- Establish and develop relations with external partners and stakeholders; these include banks, auditors and tax authorities.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in Vietnam and other countries where applicable; and compliance with group financial policies including the Group Code of Conduct.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of new government programs which may affect the company, i.e. new IFRS standards, SAFE registration etc.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place to support GAAP and applicable Vietnam local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting and compliance.
The Successful Applicant
- BSc in Accounting or Finance, CPA and/or MBA highly desirable
- 10+ years' experience as CFO, finance controller or relevant role
- Preferably experience in real estate services, property management, and/ or construction industry
- Big 4 accounting / consultancy background, or blue-chip company with overseas education and experience
- High level of integrity and dependability and strongly results-orientated
- In depth knowledge of both local GAAP and IFRS and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting method
- A strong interest in innovation and the latest technology
- Experience to implement and run central services centers
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. Dynamics 365 and Flex Accounting Software)
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Fluency in both English and Vietnamese
What's on Offer
This opportunity will offer you a professional environment which embraces innovative solutions and transformation process.