Group Financial Controller
International and entrepeneurial working environment
Exposure to regional projects and leadership opportunities
About Our Client
The client is an expanding developer and financier of large scale renewable energy projects in emerging markets. With a global track record of success they now aim to expand across SE Asia with multiple projects targeted here in VN and across the region. They boast a unique and entrepreneurial working environment, working closely with public and private capital as well as dedicated strategic partners who also share the desire of becoming the new face of renewable energy in the region. Their diverse and growing portfolio calls for an expanding team of experts from both overseas and Vietnam to drive the business forward and change the face of renewable energy in the region in a sustainable manner.
The Group Financial Controller will report to the SE Asia Finance Director. Responsibilities will include:
Accounting systems and processes:
- Bring accounting function in-house from external accounting team.
- Identify and implement an effective accounting system.
- Implement robust internal controls and accounting procedures in line with group's policies.
- Establish key reporting time lines for management information.
- Continually develop all systems and processes.
Statutory, Management and other Stakeholder reporting:
- Oversee production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts.
- Collate accurate data and consolidate reports for group's multiple entities.
- Ad hoc reports for internal team as well as funders and other stakeholders.
- Preparation of the audit and statutory accounts for the group and its multiple subsidiaries.
Budgeting and Forecasting/Transfer Pricing:
- Prepare budgets, forecasts and cash flows for company and consolidated.
- Work closely with external advisors to support transfer pricing for intercompany transactions.
Tax and Compliance:
- Ensure all records are properly and accurately prepared following company and Vietnamese legal guidelines (VAS).
- Be in charge of all matters related to VAT, corporate income tax, foreign contractor tax, payroll taxes, withholding tax, invoicing and ensuing compliance.
- Oversee cash and debt management.
- Intercompany transactions and loans.
- Oversight of AP/AR.
- Manage exchange risk.
Management and other responsibilities:
- Oversee, train and develop team of direct reports.
- Identify areas for growth within the team.
- Manage relationships with bankers, auditors, tax advisors, and other key stakeholders.
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested by FD/CEO
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have a strong technical accounting background with experience having consolidated accounts for multiple entities. The Group has a large portfolio of different entities and so attention to detail when reporting both management and statutory accounts is vital.
They must have excellent communication in English - in verbal both verbal and written communication. They should also have the ability to work well under pressure in a challenging and constantly evolving sector and workplace. Time management and the ability to produce accurate reports under occasionally challenging deadlines is a key requirement.
Experience or knowledge of the renewables sector is advantageous however not necessary. The ideal candidate would come from an audit background with a few years out of practice working in a group level role. The client has a unique entrepreneurial atmosphere and so would be beneficial to have set finance up before in a similar environment.
Ideally will be a self-starter with an eye for detail and the ability to work well in a team. He/She should be flexible and open to change along with the demands and expectations of working in one of the highest growth sectors in Vietnam.
What's on Offer
This is a rare opportunity to be a financial leader in one of the leading forces in SE Asia's future renewables market. This role is unique in that it allows the chosen candidate to build a finance function from the ground up and put their own stamp on a hugely important business that will have a presence in the region for a very long time.
There is a generous package on offer from the client plus benefits.