Senior Cost Manager (National Lead)
Foreign Invested Industrial Developer
Experienced Cost Manager from Contractors/Consultancy Background
About Our Client
The client is a market leader in Industrial Development with majority foreign invested fund. The portfolio cover both North and South of Vietnam in major industrial parks.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Head of Projects and lead all facets of cost management (budget, schedule, procurement, variation management, quality & risk) for individual real estate projects throughout planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout as well as maintenance sourcing.
He/She will work closely with the Project Managers and Facility Managers to anticipate and address the pipelines as well as other internal team where required for his/her technical inputs.
The client is looking for a candidate with strong market knowledge and quick minded to improve their accuracy of construction cost, establish and execute procurement procedure and develop the company cost data.
The Senior Cost Manager is to take a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages for cost matter
Commercial Management and Process Establishment
- To gather and create cost data per regions in Vietnam (Mainly Hanoi and HCMC) and able to churn out quick cost estimates or unit rates to Senior Management
- To set up list of preferred suppliers/contractors including negotiate preferable long term contacts
- To establish and execute the procurement procedure
- To manage estimating and cost planning activities and take ownership of Project Budget, Cash Flow, post contract variation management, Cost Reporting and present the final cost plan
- To work closely with the Project Manager and consultant team to apply Value Engineering techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate.
- To ensure the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and present them to the client
2. Schedule: To provide input for Procurement Plan as required by Project Manager to align procurement time line with master-programme
3. Procurement & Contract Administration
- To manage the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, shortlist, tender documentation, evaluation and selection
- To work closely with the Project Manager during the tender documentation process to obtain necessary input from all parties and track against Procurement Plan
- To manage contract administration post selection of suppliers/ contractors in accordance with regulatory requirements
- To ensure that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- To ensure that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
4. Payment Management: To ensure that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively for progress payment claim and final payment
5. Life Cycle Costing: To work with Facility Management team to establish life cycle costing plan and assist in major FM procurement matters
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate shall have be from Contractor or Consultancy background, with excellent technical knowledge and experience across the full range of Cost Management duties including: Cost Estimates, Bills of Quantities, Value Engineering, Tendering and Evaluation, Contract Knowledge, Change Orders and Final Account close-out.
The client is looking for one with a Degree in Quantity Surveying, Cost Management/Engineering or equivalent and preferably min 10 years in related fields. Industrial experience is an advantage.
The candidate shall have fluent English and Vietnamese and excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiation, influence and persuade others.
Strong leadership, problem solving skills as well as team works are critical to success in this role. Working in a fast growing start up environment, the idea candidate shall be able to multi-tasking and work under pressure and tight time line.
What's on Offer
The company provide competitive offer and a professional international environment of works. The role offer opportunities to set up the best practice process and in long term run his/her own team of cost management.