Strategic Pricing Lead
Chance to work for a global leading food corporation
Newly created senior commercial position - director level
About Our Client
My client is a market leading food provider with operations in 70+ countries globally, and a global revenue of $114 billion USD. The business is diversified across the different regions globally, with different product lines being split into different groups. The purpose of their business is to nourish the world in safe, responsible and sustainable way.
The group's main business lines are Food Ingredients & Bio-Industrial, Animal Nutrition, Protein & Salt, Agricultural Supply Chain, Metals & Shipping.
This role will be working for their Animal Nutrition & Health Division - a company with over 20,000 employees in 280 locations spread across 40 countries. The work they do touches the plates of more than 1 billion people very single day.
This is a rare opportunity to play a vitally important role in a true global market leading company.
Connect strategy with pricing and set prices for across the business unit:
- Lead the price setting process, with weekly/monthly/quarterly review and input from various business partners.
- Regularly gather and consolidate data from multiple functions (sales, sourcing, strategic marketing) to capture/incorporate priority factors such as supply/demand into price setting process.
- Anticipate and communicate the strategic, financial, and administrative implications and risks of proposed pricing strategies.
- Drive commercial strategy and the prioritisation of strategic pricing across the business.
Business partner different teams (sales & supporting functions) to drive pricing execution:
- Review if changes are needed to meet strategic goals - Review prices, margins, volume, product offering, etc.
- Guide commercial leadership to understand the right strategic drivers for the business - Develop a continuous improvement pipeline.
- Collaborate with commercial teams in the development of proposals to strategic customers.
- Create a price waterfall for the business to improve margins and customer profitability.
- Equip the sales team with pricing information to support successful negotiation with key accounts.
- Joint visits with commercial leads to Key Accounts, setting up customer specific pricing strategies.
- Resolve any pricing discrepancies fairly.
Own and develop data sets, tools and reporting:
- Build and monitor a system for tracking pricing decisions against targets.
- Create a dashboard to identify potential issues/opportunities for potential action.
- Own the commercial data set used for pricing and commercial decisions.
- Create and maintain training process on business pricing tools and systems.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will come from a commercial/FP&A background and will have meaningful experience in strategic pricing and related experience with customer-backed value, ingredients markets and pricing strategy. They should have multiple years professional experience within pricing and the ability to combine it with commercial best pricing practices to optimise value across the business.
The ability to develop and maintain relationships with key business leaders and be a business leader themselves is a key aspect of the role. A strong ability to collaborate and influence through exceptional spoken and written English is also essential.
He/She should also have the quantitative ability to direct and interpret detailed analysis; excel, tableau, Alteryx skills are advantageous. Excellent time management and the ability to forsee and act on potential issues before they become problems are key to this position.
What's on Offer
This is a very rare opportunity to work for a global leader in their field. They boast an impressive reputation and offer a similarly impressive working environment and career development pipeline. The role of Strategic Pricing Lead is a newly created position for the right candidate to make their mark on a business that serves over 1 billion people every single day.
The package on offer is above market rate and offers a similarly impressive benefits package as well.